[PD-dev] "imports" section of CVS

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 19 21:20:16 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> If you just want a couple externals, grab them from the Pd-extended
> binaries.  We need to stop thinking of Pd as lots of separate projects,

please accept, that this is not an option for me!

i do think that pd-extended is great work, but i don't consider myself
as the target user.
i am happy with using (miller's) pd and some externals which i find
useful. i am not at all interested in needing to download a 80MB image
instead of just some MB of sources.
additionally some sources get customized (patched).

and the application is supposed to run on both 32bit and 64bit
platforms. there is no 64bit pd-extended.

> and think of it as a programming platform, like Java.  The strength is
> in the collection of all the code.

last time i did a java project, i had to download external libraries,
because they were not included in jav (1.4 that was)

again pd-extended is great. but not everything is pd-extended.
and should not be!

mfa.d.t
IOhannes