[PD-dev] file library WAS: [folder_list]

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Sat Apr 1 12:38:29 CEST 2006

On 1 Apr 2006, at 01:21, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> We're using SWIG to connect LTI to Ruby so that it becomes easier to
> connect to Pd, because of GridFlow.

LTI?

>> mostly because I wanted to use ruby while bypassing Gridflow, to
>> create
>> standalone scripts for pd using its libs.
>
> Why do you need to bypass GridFlow, especially because you end up with
> depending on SWIG instead? Depending on SWIG isn't much more
> "standalone".

Don't need to bypass it, and don't necessarily think I will, I'm just
trying to see if the SWIG dependency would be less troublesome, as
gridflow is a little hard to compile on osx, and almost impossible in
windows, etc. But then I think I may be swapping one set of problems
by another, and then again, I could be helping to debug gridflow
compilation instead of checking SWIG... ;-)

So but I'd still be interested in seeing SWIG interfaces to PD core
libs, to -any- good scripting language.