[PD-dev] missing file from pd-MAIN and fftw version

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 27 19:20:23 CEST 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Miller Puckette wrote:

> It's probably all the same if there's one objectmaker that changes its
> behavior or if there are several (just an inplementation question).

I'm talking about the implementation because implementations suggest
certain interfaces just like interfaces suggest certain implementations.

I don't consider that interface design is something that strictly precedes
implementation design; rather, both are interacting in a feedback loop, if
the people involved are willing to make both the interface and
implementation evolve. (that's like, the top principle of extreme
programming, though not said like that)

If the implementation involves a network of objectmakers, this is an
opportunity to later add more namespace features that are logical
consequences of how that style of implementation.

> Perhaps the new "declare" object (designed to be visible :)

How do you make Ctrl+V, [declare], namespaces and principle 2.6.2 work
together?

> could get new flags to manipulate the way object names are mapped to
> creators. Just an idea...

what do you mean?