[PD-dev] Re: PD-cvs Digest, Vol 21, Issue 30

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Nov 30 03:51:57 CET 2006

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Thomas Grill wrote:

> So far, it was perfectly possible to coexist in the devel branch, at
> least for my perception.

What I have in head is also future developments; my decision can seem
hasty and/or hotheaded if only looking at the past.

> The last days i was wondering why suddenly a lot of changes happen in
> many parts of the devel branch,

There are many reasons for that, but especially, we need to take care of
distributing the software ourselves, because DesireData has been too long
a hard-to-reach piece of software; so I added some more portability and
turned the buildsystem in something that I can manage myself because I
need to take care of a buildsystem for our testers.

> I think cleaning up the codebase makes much more sense once the merge
> has taken place,

No, it *never* makes any sense, because there's always one more upcoming
release... just wait one more year... and one more... and yet one more...!

> Right now there are a few important changes to the audio system pending,
> to make callback driven audio really smooth and reliable.

Well, I'll pick those changes from your branch eventually, after they
become public. You won't have to submit it in our bugtracker ;)