[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1518030 ] subpatch clearing itself crashes Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 12 00:37:34 CET 2007

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 23:27 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> >           [r y]
> >  [symbol x]
> >  [t a b]
> >  |     |
> >  |     [s kill-symbol-x]
> >  [s y]
>
> i don't see a problem with the following signal flow (indentation
> represents the message stack):
>
> symbol x, execute outlet 1
> 	t a b, execute outlet 2
> 		s kill-symbol-x, mark 'symbol x' deletable
> 	t a b, execute outlet 1
> 		s y, send
> 			r y, receive
> 				symbol x, set object
> symbol x, returning from outlet 1, as it's marked as deletable, remove
> it from the interpreter

I probably misunderstood you: I thought, that as soon as the [symbol
x] object was killed the reason to fire the "anything" outlet of the
trigger was gone as well, so this outlet should *not* be allowed to
fire.

But as I understand it now, your proposal is exactly the same as the
current [delay] solution, just one object less (the [delay]), one
crash less and still no "micro steps". [symbol x] would live until the
end of the logical step and be killed afterwards.

I still prefer the explicitness of [delay], though.

Ciao