[PD-dev] tcl 8.5 help browser bug and a fix

ico at vt.edu ico at vt.edu
Tue Feb 27 19:17:38 CET 2007

Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:

> I don't know exactly.  I thought 8.5 was backwards compatible, but I
> could be wrong.

OK, so how about the following patch then? I just checked this out and the 8.4
syntax does work on 8.5 but in the current code it is never accessed due to the
existing "if" statement. The new fix simply comments the "if"  and "else"
statements making the 8.4 style of closing children widgets mandatory for all
versions, and since it appears that 8.4 works fine with this code, this appears
to be a universal fix for this issue.

Please see attached (diff -uw against the fresh CVS checkout).

Best wishes,

Ico