[PD-dev] getting the full path for the CWD in pd

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 23 07:25:46 CEST 2007

Anyone know how I might get the full path for the current working
directory that the pd executable was launched in?  I want to be able
to embed the preferences file in the Pd.app.  sys_libdir seems to
return "../bin", which works for something apparently.  But I need
the full path for the preferences system to work.

I tried getcwd(), but that returns "/" for me.  Obviously, Pd is not
finding it's helpfiles in "/../bin/../doc", so there must be a way...

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler