[PD-dev] devel_0_39 ? devel_0_40 ?

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Mon Jul 23 12:20:33 CEST 2007

> Now for the hard part: in Pd, 32-bit floating point tables are stored as
> 64-but 'atoms' for a 50% hit in memory efficiency.  Something Must Be Done;
> but what?

split audio buffers and array-of-atoms? maybe this could include
rewriting the whole audio buffers with an asynchronous interface ...
imo, data structures and audio buffer have completely different
real-time and performance constraints, so i see no real benefit in
combining both concepts ...

> OTOH, I'm falling out of my chair for joy that there's finally a way to
> write C code that doesn't choke on denormals.

well, one should still tweak the sse unit by setting the daz/ftz
flags ... see the code that is enabled by the preprocessor symbol DAZ in
s_main.c of devel_0_39 ...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait
for the answer.
  William S. Burroughs