[PD-dev] please add 'mokhov' to pure-data at SF.net

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jul 25 19:54:02 CEST 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> However in terms of practical security, even though common sense
>> tells you that more people is more trouble, what matters is whether
>> their account can be trusted to be them, that they can be trusted to
>> not cause trouble, and which access control measures are put in
>> place in order to prevent trouble.
>
> As there are practically no access control measures in effect, that
> trust thing is what worries me. In the last month we had two pleas for
> being added as an SF developer by people. who neverever have posted a
> single mail to pd-list, at least not with the mail addresses they were
> using. Compare that to for example one of the latest new additions,
> Chris McCormick, who is active in the project and on the lists for
> years. I didn't have any problem with adding him.
>
> To say it clearly: I wouldn't want to add people to SF, who are
> unknown, unless one of the "regulars" can vouch for them. If someone
> is just in need of a place to host externals or abstractions, there's
> always puredata.info.
>
> Or course this is nothing personal against Serguei, whom I don't know
> anyway. But probably we'll meet in Montreal and drink a beer. ;)

If people wanted to, we could purge non-active developers from the
list, especially since it's quite easy to get added again.  That
would probably bring us below 40 (I must say it would feel sad and
strange to remove Jamie and Gerard...).

I agree that we should expect a fair amount of activity before being
added, whether in terms of code output, list posts, etc.

.hc