[PD-dev] repository layout: tags

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 02:55:52 CEST 2007

Hallo, yes.  The appropriate way to handle this IMO is to do the initial
conversion (thus creating the many directories), then do an svn rm for those
tags that are abandoned or unnecessary.  Tags and Branches in SVN are great
because they can have lifetimes - you can make your branch to try some
things out, merge it and then delete the branch.  I do this all the time,
it's very handy.
You can always svn copy from a previous revision to resurrect these
"deleted" tags and branches, so returning to the old CVS will not be
necessary.

(also, IOhannes, I apologize for not replying to your previous inquiry!
 I've been blindsided by work in the past months.)