[PD-dev] [comport] like object for usb?

Thomas O Fredericks tof at danslchamp.org
Tue Sep 25 00:36:25 CEST 2007

Nope, not possible. USB is not like a com port (even thought you can emulate
a com port with USB). USB requires a specific driver tailored to the target
device (USB communication is not similar to rs-232 serial communication, the
main difference being that an end device can not send data to the computer
without a direct request from the computer).

Tom