[PD-dev] # converted to $

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Nov 7 21:57:52 CET 2007

It seems that somewhere in Pd # chars are being converted to $
chars.  I imagine this is support Max users who are used to #1 vars.
But I don't know of any use of # in Pd and I would like to be able to
use webcolors as symbols (i.e. #ffbb00).

Is there any reason not to get rid of this conversion?

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith