[PD-dev] long messages

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Nov 26 22:30:41 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, B. Bogart wrote:

> Does anyone have any experiences with really long messages in PD. I mean
> in cases when using things like "pix_dump" that drop many floats.
> Is there a maximum, what has the most anyone has used?

I used lists of 230400 elements for sure, but I might have also tried
921600 elements. This was with [#export_list]. With [pix_dump], I remember
that it has problems with that. When I made [#export_pix] and
[#import_pix], I was comparing with an implementation that involves
[pix_data], and I had to fudge it because some of my lists were too long
for [pix_data].

Try to find the size at which it starts failing. It might be 262144
(exactly 2 megs in atom format) or some similar number.