[PD-dev] CVS to SVN ?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 2 12:05:52 CET 2008

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> As for using svn:externals for reorganizing build systems, that seems
> to just be creating more work for each custom distro.  I think this
> would be much better handled using a common autoconf system, so you
> could do something like:
>
> cd externals
> ./configure --disable-all-externals --enable-iemmatrix --enable-zexy
> make && make install

a version control system is not a build system.
a build system is not a way to distribute packages.

> Then you'd get a custom build of the whole thing with no SVN trickery
> needed.

"using SVN" != "SVN trickery".
if we don't want to use "SVN trickery" we can as well stay with CVS.
(it seems like you refer to everything in SVN that goes beyond CVS as
"trickery")

mf.asdr
IOhannes

PS: seems like i am back :-)