[PD-dev] pd-extended loadlib request

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 16 16:30:41 CET 2008

Hallo,
Russell Bryant hat gesagt: // Russell Bryant wrote:

> On 1/15/08, patrick <puredata at 11h11.com> wrote:
> >
> > would it be possible to add "tof" to default.pdsettings in the
> > auto-build (for mac os x too).
> >

> On a somewhat related note, what do you think about this option?
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1858772&group_id=55736&atid=478072
>
> I made an -autoload option, which will automatically load all externals
> starting at some base path.  So, it would prevent having to list 39
> externals to load.  Instead, you would just set a magic autoload directory,
> and have what you want to be loaded sitting in there ...

Could you elaborate a bit how this works, especially in regard to
possible nameclashes e.g. in pd-extended? Those currently are worked
around by having the libraries in different subdirectories? Example:
Both maxlib and zexy have incompatible versions of [urn], so if you
install maxlib and zexy in "extra" and use "-autoload extra", won't
you have in fact circumvented the directory-namespace system?

Ciao