[PD-dev] snprintf vs. sprintf_s?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Jan 17 00:04:49 CET 2008

Am 16.01.2008 um 23:00 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> Who's using the MS compilers?  We would save ourselves a lot of
> effort and make the code cleaner if we used gcc/autoconf on all
> platforms.  According to Thomas Grill, gcc's code is comparable in
> terms of optimization to MSVC.

To be fair that was an old version of MSVC compared to the latest
version of gcc.
To my experience it's much easier to set up and debug a project using
MSVC than with gcc on Windows, so i personally would not want to do
without MSVC.
It's not that hard to write code in a way that it works with all
current and common compilers.

gr~~~