[PD-dev] Protecting Pd-MAIN [was: Re: [PD] Problem in os x 10.5.1?]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Feb 13 09:15:59 CET 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Ah, how is that something that SF has to setup themselves?... I have
> never been admin on a SF.net project, so, I don't know, but wouldn't
> that only be about whether a web interface is available for handling the
> ACL ?

basically yes.

What's the SVN equivalent of the CVSROOT directory?

but in practice no.
there is no CVSROOT equivalent in subversion.
subversion itself does no nothing about authentication and
authorisation: this is left for a frontend.
the usual frontend (the one sourceforge is using) is via http/webdav;
an ACL needs to made available to the frontend; for apache, this is
usually done via a special file on the filesystem (which is read by the
apache-server); more info under [1].
sourceforge would need to provide a means to write this special file; in
my privat svn-setups, i haven't found a way to split this configuration
into a per-repository file (instead of per-webserver) - but that might
be just my personal failure; this might be the reason why sourceforge
does not provide any means of ACLs for svn (yet).

fmgasd,r
IOhannes

[1]
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html#svn.serverconfig.httpd.authz

(btw, i think the svnbook is a good read anyhow)