[PD-dev] [PD] autobuilds using svn

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Feb 21 04:26:55 CET 2008

The problem is that they changed the name of the Jack framework in
Jack OSX 0.75.  I think it should use Jackmp.framework now.  To make
that happen, try changing pd/src/configure.in.  Change this:

     if test x$jack = "xyes";
     then
         LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS" -weak_framework Jack"
     fi
     if test x$jack = "xrun";
     then
         LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS" -weak_framework Jack"
     fi

to be this:

     if test x$jack = "xyes";
     then
         LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS" -weak_framework Jackmp"
     fi
     if test x$jack = "xrun";
     then
         LDFLAGS=$LDFLAGS" -weak_framework Jackmp"
     fi

.hc

On Feb 17, 2008, at 9:58 PM, brandon zeeb wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> No dice, I've already tried that.  I've tried using the JackOSX and
> Fink Jack packages, and I get the same error.
>
> Here is what I see before it crokes.
>
> mayer.o d_fftroutine.o  -ldl -lm -lpthread
> ld: framework not found Jack
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [../bin/pd] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [pd_install] Error 2
> make: *** [darwin_app_core] Error 2
> prob:darwin_app bz$
>

> Thanks,
> ~Brandon
>

> On Feb 17, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> You need to use the Mac OS X Framework for Jack rather than a
>> dylib.  Just install the complete package from here:
>>
>> http://www.jackosx.com/
>>
>> .hc
>>

>> On Feb 16, 2008, at 3:28 PM, bsoisoi wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> Okay, I have a legit fink environment now with all Pd-extended
>>> dependencies.  There is a bug in the 0.28.0 release which
>>> prevented me
>>> from installing Jack (something having to do w/ a virtual
>>> dependency)... i cleared it out and installed Jack first, the rest
>>> fell into place easily.
>>>
>>> Only 2 issues remain.  I can build Miller's vanilla PD without Jack
>>> support, the most current Jack from fink is installed on my
>>> system, in
>>> addition to tcl/tk 8.5.1.
>>> 1. The configure script is unable to find Jack in my fink
>>> installation
>>> 2. When built w/o Jack, the build is unable to find -ltcl8.5, and
>>> tries to build against 8.4 (which I don't have) but succeeds.
>>> When Pd
>>> is executed, it crashes trying to run Wish.app version 8.4 (which I
>>> don't have).
>>>
>>> Besides those two issues, all looks good.  If anyone is able to help
>>> me out w/ this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>>
>>> Peace,
>>> ~Brandon
>>>
>>> ps: lets move this discussion over to Pd-Dev

>> -------
>>
>> Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a
>> tactic.  It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night
>> attacks and expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going
>> to win the war on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general,
>> William Odom

----

realize his wishes.  Now that he can realize them, he must either
change them, or perish.    -William Carlos Williams