[PD-dev] "report bug" on the Help menu

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 16 19:36:07 CET 2008

Hey,

I just added a new item on the Help menu that I think y'all should
agree is useful.  It is called "report bug" and it currently takes
you directly to the SourceForge bug submission.

My friend Shawn Van Every proposed that we use a little javascript to
open the sourceforge bug submission page that automatically fills in
the text area with information from Pd.  For example, it could easily
post the version number, operating system, CPU, etc.  He sketched out
how to do it, but I basically don't know web programming at all.

Can anyone put this together?  I am thinking that it would be a page
on puredata.info, the "report bug" menu item would open that
puredata.info page with info in the URL. This page then opens the
sourceforge page and sticks that info in it.  Feel free to find a
better way.  Here are the sketches: