[PD-dev] problems with hexloader in Pd-extended

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 18 02:31:40 CEST 2008

I just added hexloader into Pd-extended 0.40.3-20080517 on Mac OS X
10.4.11/Intel and tested it, and I got to odd things.  First, when I
load [>~], or any of the abstractions based on [expr~] for the first
time, [expr~] doesn't load.  If I load [expr~] first, it works fine.
If I load another abstraction with a regular name, [expr~] loads fine.

When I try to load [.], I get this:

load_object: Symbol "0x2e_setup" not found
  .
... couldn't create

When I try to load [==~] (0x260x260x7e.pd_darwin) I get this:

load_object: Symbol "0x3d0x3d0x7e_setup" not found
  ==~
... couldn't create

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith