[PD-dev] [PD] wierd feedback popping with pd/freebob/jack/rt

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:49:19 CEST 2008

Hi IOhanens,

I moved this thread from the pd-list, since it is now only discussing pd's
audio jack in c.

Did you ever find time to look at s_audio_jack.c again?  I suspect it is a
freebob -only problem, but I have only experienced it in pd.  Somehow the
buffer alignment is getting knocked off track - making JACK_NUM_PORTS
smaller only seems to help this, but problems still arise when a big cpu hit
occurs.

It is also curious that audacity can effectively reset the audio buffers
coming from pd (or summed from both most likely) when it starts, but this
cannot be done from pd.  With JACK_NUM_PORTS > 512, pd even starts with
audio residue.

Maybe I should file a bug or move this question to the jack list..

regards,
Rich