[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2005761 ] ui performance bad on 0.40.3-extended

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 3 10:32:35 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2005761, was opened at 2008-06-29 02:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by lukeiannini
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2005761&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In the UI on MacOSX/Intel (and probably other platforms), opening a patch, and dragging objects around in a patch, is significantly slower in Pd-0.40.3-extended than in 0.40.2-vanilla.

This problem exists back to at least the 2008-01-08 autobuild.

Attached patches demonstrate the problem. Open up ui-slowness-test.pd. On 0.40.2-vanilla, this loads quickly. on 0.40.3-extended, there's a noticeable delay on load.

Now select all objects and drag. On 0.40.2-vanilla the performance is bad but not atrocious. on 0.40.3-extended, the performance is atrocious.

Comment By: Luke Iannini (lukeiannini)