[PD-dev] [range] from maxlib

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Thu Jul 3 18:32:07 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 19:24 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Roman Haefeli wrote:
>
> > anyway, it seems that it has been years ago, so nevermind. i was
> > confused when trying to help someone with a patch, that uses [range],
> > which i found in /deprecated (this person was using pd-0.38.4-extended,
> > irrc). obviously, i had to think, that the original libraries were split
> > and parts of them were arbitrarily moved around.
>
> So, should I rename GridFlow's [range] to something else, or not?

sorry for late reply. i couldn't figure out, what [range] from gridflow
does, so it makes you difficult to have an opinion about this. the fact,
that it doesn't have a '#' in its name, makes me assume, that it does
something, that cannot only be applied to grids, which means, it has
kind of a general use. this speaks for keeping the name. on the other
hand, i find it problematic, if libraries with a dedicated focus
(processing grids in the case of gridflow) include classes, that aren't
really part of that focus AND at the same time occupy a generic name.

roman