[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Feature Requests-2013658 ] please implement [initbang] (as part of the core pd)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 8 19:15:15 CEST 2008

Feature Requests item #2013658, was opened at 2008-07-08 19:15
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478073&aid=2013658&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I've just made an abstraction which patched dynamic inlet/outlet based upon its arguments.

That works fine until I save the patch which uses it and close it.

When I reopen it, the connection to/from the abstraction are lost, because [loadbang] (which triggers the creation of I/O-lets) bangs too late.

A workaround (as suggested by Mathieu Bouchard) is to replace [loadbang] with [r $0-initbang], and then:

echo '$0-initbang bang;' >> myabstraction.pd

but it's clearly a hack, and pd is not aware of this (i.e. saving the patch would lose the above line)

PROPOSED SOLUTION: an [initbang] internal which emits a bang at the proper time, as in the above example.