[PD-dev] svn:externals

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 8 21:25:54 CEST 2008

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

>> Since then I realised that svn:externals is indeed a not-so-good idea.
>> Today I removed my svn:externals link and switched to a regular copy using
>> svn import.
> could you elaborate on why you now find that svn:externals are a not-so-good
> idea?

Because what if someone wants to make a branch out of all of the stuff in
pd/externals ... then pd/externals/gridflow won't be branched, and that
person won't be able to patch it. Well, there are already branches like
that, and the same applies to tags. I thought that this is what Hans
wanted me to understand but he didn't explain it. In any case, this is
what I eventually understood from his original comment on svn:externals.