[PD-dev] sms pd external - design choices

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 16:55:13 CEST 2008

I do not see how I could have more than one buffer at the same time if it
were declared statically.  The data has to be 'findable', so I need some way
to name it.  pd_findbyclass() seems to be the right tool for this, though I
am still trying to figure out how to create the t_class that will have the
sms data.

I think, after looking into the various possibilities, outputting a pointer
to the data would just be confusing and might not work when sent through
pd's messaging system.  It appears that keeping the buffer by a symbol name
would be cleaner.

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:00 AM, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:

Data sharing in pool is no flext-specific feature... you can do that with
> any external by making the shared data "static" (in c-style9, as opposed to
> be allocated with the object instances.
> gr~~~

How do you manage to keep multiple pool's then?

regards,
Richie