[PD-dev] abstractions

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon Jul 14 09:40:12 CEST 2008

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Do talk to Claude about whether it's worth the effort.

Well, Claude's external interfaces to Haskell, which of course poses
problems because Haskell confines side-effects to monads and is
statically typed. These are non-issues in Q and Pure which allow
side-effects without any ado and are dynamically typed, so interfacing
to Pd is much easier and works very well.

> This is redundant... -lib already does it, together with loader_t. (yes,
> it's called loader_t, as opposed to all other Pd C types).

Right, now I even remember reading about this, probably in Claude's
pdlua sources. :) Thanks, I will try this in my Pure external.

Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag