[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2020998 ] [key], [keyup], [keyname] send OS-generated auto-repeats

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 20 20:12:27 CEST 2008

Bugs item #2020998, was opened at 2008-07-18 01:02
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by fbar
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2020998&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
[key], [keyup], [keyname] do not only send actual keyPress and keyRelease events.  They also send OS-generated auto-repeat events, which makes these objects hard to use to detect individual key presses and releases.

This wiki page describes three approaches for fixing this:

http://wiki.tcl.tk/20299