[PD-dev] [declare -stdpath]: does it work?

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 00:42:32 CEST 2008

Hi Roman,

Not sure if this is the problem, but I had similar troubles like this, and
to solve the issue, I saved the patch that contains the [declare] in it, and
then reopened it. I guess the issue here is that declare really only
operates when a patch is first opened from a file. (I could be wrong on
this...)

Mike

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Roman Haefeli <reduzierer at yahoo.de> wrote:

> hi all
>
> i have [tcpserver] from mrpeach installed in:
>
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver.pd_linux
>
> and i have a patch with:
>
> [declare -stdpath extra/mrpeach]
>
> [tcpserver]
>

> however, [tcpserver] doesn't instantiate. as verbose output i get:
>
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver/tcpserver.l_i386 and failed
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver/tcpserver.pd_linux and failed
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver.pd and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver.pd and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver.pd and failed
> tried /home/roman/extra/mrpeach/tcpserver.pat and failed
> tried /home/roman/tcpserver.pat and failed
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/tcpserver.pat and failed
>  tcpserver
> .... couldn't create
>

> it seems, that [declare -stdpath] is completely ignored. do i oversee
> something or is [declare -stdpath] broken?
> this is with pd-vanilla 0.41 on ubuntu hardy (without any ~/.pdrc nor
> any other preference file)
>
> i'll post a bug report, if someone can confirm it, but i would like
> someone else to confirm it first, since i am a bit cautious with
> bugreports about declare, since there's lots that someone can (me) do
> wrong when testing it.

Peace may sound simple—one beautiful word— but it requires everything we
have, every quality, every strength, every dream, every high ideal.
—Yehudi Menuhin (1916–1999), musician