[PD-dev] maxlib's and Gem's scale objects

Loic Kessous loic.kessous at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:58:47 CET 2009

yes, thanks [+], [*] and expr too! to make the exponential mapping ;-)
..., that can be done in an abstraction , that I may have somewhere in
max before scale has been ported to os X, but for me the real question
was to know what can I use from Pd-extended, so if i work on a another
computer and even another platform I can just take my patch and not
taking care about other things to add (because I'm always forgotting
them...)
so the [maxlib/scale] is the good solution for me.

thanks for your help.

but I noticed that  when I call  the 'help', I get in the help from
maxlib but the the 'scale' of the gem ...
so maybe the help coulb be changed to replace [scale]  by [maxlib/
scale] too, like I did for myself, I mean:
---------

#N canvas 381 126 552 355 12;
#X floatatom 27 277 8 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 27 73 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X text 213 48 written by <olaf.matthes at gmx.de>;
#X text 37 306 creation:;
#X text 141 11 scale :: scale input from a certain input range;
#X text 212 29 to lie between output boundaries;
#X floatatom 56 131 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 85 152 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 115 173 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 144 194 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X text 84 71 input value;
#X text 106 278 scaled output value;
#X text 111 130 in low;
#X text 137 151 in high;
#X text 171 172 out low;
#X text 200 194 out high;
#X text 57 104 creation arguments can be changed dynamically:;
;
#X floatatom 174 220 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X text 227 219 log coefficient;
#X text 265 237 0 = linear 1 = log;
#X obj 27 249 maxlib/scale 0 9 100 255 0;
#X connect 1 0 21 0;
#X connect 6 0 21 1;
#X connect 7 0 21 2;
#X connect 8 0 21 3;
#X connect 9 0 21 4;
#X connect 18 0 21 5;
#X connect 21 0 0 0;

loic

On Jan 9, 2009, at 7:52 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> On Jan 8, 2009, at 12:51 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>> Personally I'd rather use an abstraction that is easier to rename. I
>>> use
>>> m_scale.pd from the RjDj library: