[PD-dev] stripping down Pd-extended's default libs

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:10:33 CET 2009

> I definitely agree that we should have libraries organized based on a
> topic.  There is nothing stopping anyone from doing this.  There is
> tons of code that could be easily taking and stuck into new libraries
> organized around concepts.

hmm, that matches with what I was proposing (still on a private level) for
the new categories of documentating pd-ext objects. although some people
might not like not having their objects in their personal folder, it would
really make information more easily to come by - fyi, I think in the
latest object list I've made, there are ~1200 externals (objects +
abstractions).

I would go to the extra step and and follow yves' suggestions try to ask
some developpers to change the names of some objects to avoid name clashes
- if that's possible anyway, after all these years of programming.

I can't contribute with code because I can't code, but I can write mails
and give (sometimes good) ideas. To remind how big the task is, I attach
here the list of pd-ext objects I've done some months ago (as a first step
to try to get an updated documentation for pd-ext).