[PD-dev] pow~ in Cyclone [was: Re: stripping down Pd-extended's default libs]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Feb 23 09:36:02 CET 2009

Hallo,

> This just doesn't sound workable to me.  Then you can never rely on an
> externals or even abstractions, since they might be an incompatible
> internal that comes along and overrides them.

The alternative would have been never to include pow~ and abs~ inside of
Pd main, but give them different names. I prefer to have them available
in Pd main under their "natural" names now.

There will always be backwards incompatible changes in any programming
language or framework. Pd only had a very small number of these so far
- I can only remember [atan2] - but it must be allowed to create them
while moving along.

Ciao
--
Frank