[PD-dev] Externals with interdependancies

Mike McGonagle mjmogo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 21:42:07 CET 2009

Hello all,

I am currently trying to rework the SQL stuff I have, to break them
down into their component objects (ie, each external in its own file,
as opposed to a library). Well, I am able to get the code such that
everything compiles and produces the *.pd_darwin files that I need.

But, when I load them, Pd complains that it can't find specific
functions that are in other externals. The real trouble here is that
there are two externals that call functions in the other externals, so
no matter what order I load them in, it will tell me that it can't
find the function from the other external. Kind of a "circular"
problem.

Is there anyway to get these things to compile this stuff so that Pd
will load everything properly?

Do you need any additional info to answer the question?

Thanks,

Mike