[PD-dev] proper debs (pure:dyne+pd-extended = good)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 20 19:48:57 CEST 2009

Hey,

I don't know if any of the active pure:dyne packagers are on this
list, but I thought I'd try.  From what I have seen, it looks like
pure:dyne is doing a much better job of making .deb packages than Pd-
extended.  I would be great to 'officially' merge efforts so that we
don't duplicate work.  Then we can make some really nice, proper
packages and get them into Debian.  DebConf 2010 is in NYC, and I'll
be helping to run it, so it would be great to have all this in Debian
by then.  Plus, it seems that Guenter has less time for the Debian
packages, so things like the pd-externals package has lapsed.

It seems to me that the next step would be to get the pure:dyne stuff
into pure-data SVN, then make any tweaks to it to make it work with Pd-
extended too.

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic