[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2819769 ] WinXp Pd.0.42.5 doesn't work

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 16 01:44:43 CEST 2009

Bugs item #2819769, was opened at 2009-07-10 14:09
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2819769&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-07-10/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20090710-windowsxp-i386.exe results in a Pd that exits before any windows or messages appear.
All earlier versions of Pd.0.42.5-extended for WinXp that I tried do the same.
http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-05-23/Pd-0.41.4-extended-rc3-windowsxp-i386.exe works fine. Somewhere in between it broke.

Date: 2009-07-15 19:44

Message:
Yeah, I am sure there is some work needed to get things working properly
with Tcl/Tk 8.5, like with GNU/Linux.  But since the original bug is fixed,
and since I like closing bugs, I'm going to close this one.

Anyone up for checking out the 8.5 issues on Windows?  The benefit on 8.5
are worth it, things like faster graphics anti-aliasing, etc.

Comment By: Martin Peach (mrpeach)
Date: 2009-07-15 19:18

Message:
Yes it works now, but the font is tiny, about 8 point. Users will need to
wear glasses ;(

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2009-07-14 13:46

Message:
One thing to try is this version, it still uses Tcl/Tk 8.4

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/2009-06-09/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20090609-windowsxp-i386.exe

I think the bug is pretty simple, I ran pd.com in cmd.exe and got this:

F:\WINDOWS\system32> cd "\Program Files\pd\bin"
F:\Program Files\pd\bin\>pd.com
spawnl: No such file or directory
F:\Program Files\pd\bin\wish84.exe: couldn't load TCL

This should be fixed in this commit, please test and let me know:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=11864