[PD-dev] PdGuiRewriteTestBuilds

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 30 19:49:29 CEST 2009

Steffen Juul wrote:

> On 30/09/2009, at 9.46, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> btw, on a non fink contaminated machine running 10.4 i have autoconf
>> 2.61 installed which can process the configure.ac fine.
>
> Ok. I guess i shouldn't have updated autoconf then. Thanks for testing.

not exactly.
what i meant is: autoconf that comes with xcode seems to be more
uptodate than fink's autoconf.

i don't know why you need fink's version, unless the gettext tools
depend on them.

>> - are you sure that you are at least at revision 12459 of the
>> branches/pd-gui-rewrite/0.43/ ?
>
> I'm now at revision 12498 which i presume is the latest at of writing.

should be ok.

>> - did you do any modifications to the Makefile(s)?
>
> Not other then what you suggested in commenting out those lines in
> configure.ac.

hmm.
(though i actually think (now) that the configure.ac changes won't do
anything with _this_ Makefile)

>> - does it work if you do this?
>>  % cd po
>>  % make en_ca.msg
>
> Yes.
>
> $ make en_ca.msg
> msgfmt --check --tcl --locale=en_ca -d . en_ca.po

good. at least once the makefile works properly it should build :-)

>> - do you have a crooked version of make?
>
> I don't know, i have:
>
> $ make --version
> GNU Make 3.80

my xcode make is 3.81, but really there shouldn't be any problems with 3.80

anyhow, i don't know what's going on either.
i guess ALL_LINGUAS is still defined correctly:
ALL_LINGUAS = af az be bg de el en_ca eu fr gu he hi hu it pa pt_br
pt_pt sq sv vi

you could try to add a new target to the makefile by adding the
following lines (remember that the whitespace before the echos MUST be a
tab; not spaces)
<snip>

test:
        echo all_linguas: $(ALL_LINGUAS)
        echo po: $(POFILES)
        echo msg: $(MSGFILES)

</snip>

and then run "make test" to see whether it correctly prints all
languages, pofiles and msgfiles

fgmadr
IOhannes