[PD-dev] UTF-8 for pd-devel (again)

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jan 19 22:16:23 CET 2010

morning all,

attached is a UTF-8 support patch against branches/pd-gui-rewrite/0.43
revision 13051 (HEAD as of an hour or so ago).  most of the bulk is new
files (s_utf8.c, s_utf8.h), most other changes are in g_rtext.c.  It's
not too monstrous, and I've tested it again here briefly with some utf-8
test patches (see other attachment), and things appear to be working as
expected.  if desired, I can check this in; otherwise feel free to do it
for me ;-)

2 annoying things here during testing (I don't see how my patches could
have caused this, but you never know):

(1) all loaded patch windows appear at +0+0 (upper left corner), which
with my wm (windowmaker) means the title bar is off the screen, and I
have to resort to keyboard shortcuts to get them mouse-draggable, which
is a major pain in the wazoo: is this a known bug?

(2) I can't figure out how to get at the properties dialog for number,
number2, or any other gui-atom objects: should these be working already?

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2010-01-18 23:09:34, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> appears to
have written:

--
Bryan Jurish                       "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at uni-potsdam.de       -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology