[PD-dev] pd 0.43 test4: Canvas Position

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 22:05:28 CET 2011

(I hope you don't mind if I bring that back to the list)

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 15:50 -0500, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> [...]

True.

However, I think it's not even tied to the window manager, but to the
theme it uses. At least I tested it also on Gnome/Metacity (default
theme on Lucid) and it was still off (which might be an indication that
your Gnome is different from mine). Also I believe it is dangerous to
assume that the default theme uses the same measures on different Ubuntu
versions or the measures are the same across different distros (most
likely they are _not_).
I don't see how it could be solved in a consistent way. I consider the
current implementation rather 'broken' than 'working'.

This is not a rant, but I think we should be aware of where things might
fail. Personally, I am very fine with adjusting two numbers in a file
whenever I install Pd.

Roman