[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 11 17:59:42 CEST 2011

On Jul 11, 2011, at 5:08 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> On 2011-07-05 13:04, Patrice Colet wrote:
>> I've removed this in configure.ac:
>>
>> # ASIO is a C++ library, so if its included, then use g++ to build
>> CC=g++
>>
>> compiles fine, only pd.exe is not working but pd.dll is fine,
>> everything is built.
>>
>> from all I've read in gnu manuals, automake automatically set g++
>> for cpp files so there is no need to set CC.
>>

> this what i have been suggesting (i think)
>
> attached is a diff against upstreams Pd that should use g++ for
> linking
> when using ASIO (it might use g++ for all linking, but that should
> be ok
> as well), by letting automake choose (rather than forcing it to use a
> special linker like "g++" (which hardcodes the compiler name...uähh))
>
> it works on linux :-)

We have the opposite problem than that automake hack is trying to
solve.  When ASIO is including, then everything including portaudio is
built and linked using g++.  Portaudio fails to build with g++, so we
need to find a way to make only ASIO build with g++, while the rest
build with gcc.  I think automake will still choose g++ for linking
since its choosing g++ for ASIO.