[PD-dev] Pdextended 0.43.1 and vista

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Aug 22 04:33:25 CEST 2011

Oops, I just noticed one unneeded line in the patch I sent you:

+#pd_LINK = $(CXXLINK)

There is no need to add a line of code that is comment out :)

.hc

On Aug 21, 2011, at 10:29 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey patco,
>
> I boiled down your patch set into this stripped down version, and
> fixed the error while trying to build pd~ (pd~ doesn't work on
> Windows).  Its best to make sure patches only include the changes
> that are absolutely necessary, and not any whitespace changes or
> cosmetic changes.  This patch builds and runs for me on MinGW, but I
> don't really have a good way to test ASIO audio.  If you want to
> submit it as a git patch, here's what you can do in a clean, up-to-
> date git:
>
> cd pure-data
> git reset --hard             (watch out, this wipes changes)
> patch -p1 < mingw.patch
> git commit configure.ac src/Makefile.am extra/Makefile.am -m "a real
> msg"
> git format-patch -n1
>
> <mingw.patch>
>

> .hc
>
> On Aug 20, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Patrice Colet wrote:
>
>> Thank you for answering fast
>>
>> autogen.sh && ./configure && make
>>
>> works good with all the PD_XXXX_CHECK, I've been running autoconf
>> instead,
>>
>> so now I can submit the patches to the tracker without breaking
>> anything.
>>
>> notice that the compiled files aren't the same as the ones made by
>> makefile.mingw:
>>
>> $ ls pd/src/.libs/
>> libpd-0.dll  libpd.lai       pd.exe                 pdsend.exe
>> libpd.a      lt-pd.c         pd_ltshwrapper
>> pdsend_ltshwrapper
>> libpd.dll.a  lt-pdreceive.c  pdreceive.exe
>> libpd.la     lt-pdsend.c     pdreceive_ltshwrapper
>>

>> and it needs libpthread-2.dll, so the package script would need
>> some changes.
>>
>> I'll try TortoiseGIT :)
>>

>> ----- "IOhannes m zmölnig" <zmoelnig at iem.at> a écrit :

>> --
>> Patrice Colet

> If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of
> exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an
> idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he
> keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself
> into the possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess
> himself of it.            - Thomas Jefferson

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.