[PD-dev] 'tests' section of pure-data/trunk svn?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 24 22:44:40 CEST 2011

On Monday, October 24, 2011 10:27 PM, "IOhannes m zmoelnig"
<zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> On 2011-10-24 22:10, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
> >
> >> I propose we use the suffix "-regressiontest.pd" for tests, then we can
> >> have a script that crawls the whole pure-data SVN and runs the tests in
> >> place with the libraries they are part of.  (-test.pd is already used a
> >> lot of places, so a new suffix would be better to avoid confusion).
>
> how about adding a "check" target (which i think is the standard target
> to run regression tests) to the template/Makefile, in order to run the
> actual tests?

That makes sense, once we get this all nailed down, I'll do that.  I
think that this is not a replacement for the 'tests/' section tho.  For
example, it would be a place to develop tests on the core of Pd that
would move far faster than the pure-data.git, and it would be a place
for tests that involved multiple libraries.