[PD-dev] readanysf~ 0.43 release?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 31 00:04:07 CET 2011

On Oct 30, 2011, at 12:39 PM, august wrote:

>> Hey August,
>>
>> Hope your happy hacking or dissertation writing or whatever it is occupying you these days.
>
> The dissertating is done, man!  Now on to greener pastures.

Congratulations!

> I see you have a new addition to your family.  Congrats!

Yes indeed, thanks!

>> There have been some gmerlin-avdecoder updates, and we are nailing down 64-bit releases, so I wanted to make some new builds for readanysf~ for Mac OS X.
>>
>> Do you have any particular plans for readanysf~ 0.43?
>
> No, no plans right now.  There was one bug that was reported that I'd
> like to squash...but I haven't yet had the time.  Maybe I'll work on
> that today.
>
> I'd also love to finish the windows port.

>> If I make some builds can you post them on your site?
>
> absolutely!  If you got the gmerlin stuff already built, then it
> _shouldn't_ be more than a re-compile.
>
> I can assist if you need it.  I'll be on #dataflow
>
> -august.

The Windows build server in the PdLab now has gmerlin-avdecoder and ffmpeg installed, but not will all of the codecs.  I think patko has made a windows build of readanysf~ in the past, hopefully he can help again.

I just tried to use gmerlin-avdecoder 1.1.1-pre1 with ffmpeg 0.8.5 on Mac OS X, and that crashed, so we might need to stick to 1.1.0 with ffmpeg 0.7.x unless someone can spend some time debugging that.