[PD-dev] readanysf~ on Windows WAS: readanysf~ 0.43 release?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Oct 31 21:28:00 CET 2011

On Oct 31, 2011, at 2:47 PM, august wrote:

>>> Okay, I just tried the windows pdlab machine.   readanysf~ compiles just
>>> fine.  The linking is broken however.  I get a bunch of
>>> libgmerlin_avdec.a undefined references to ffmpeg :
>>> 'avcodec_find_decoder', 'avcodec_flush_buffers', etc.
>>>
>>> any ideas what this could be.
>>>
>>> I see the gmerlin code is in your /home dir.
>>>
>>> Have you built other gmerlin stuff with it?
>>> we might need to update and build the ffmpeg and gmerlin stuff.
>>
>> That's pretty much where I got.  Patrice Colet got a working build apparently, I hope he can help with this process.
>
> Is he on this list?
>
> I can also give it a whirl if you like.  Do I have permission to do
> "make install" on the relevant gmerlin libs?

Probably not, but we can revisit that if need be.  That MinGW setup needs to be very carefully curated since it is such a painful process.  But you can do everything but make install.  Really, I was just struggling to get things to build, the 'make install' was the easy part.

For testing, you could do something like "make DESTDIR=/tmp install" then use -I/tmp/include and -L/tmp/lib to build against that.  I think that should work easy enough.  Or the new mingw-get tool makes setting up MinGW so much easier, it might be worthwhile for you to install in on one of your machines:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/WindowsMinGW

The windows build machine is a 700Mhz box, I imagine you have something faster somewhere ;) so that would speed up the test process.

"[T]he greatest purveyor of violence in the world today [is] my own government." - Martin Luther King, Jr.