[PD-dev] broken msgs cause Tcl traces, how to debug it?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jan 23 18:07:50 CET 2012

On Jan 23, 2012, at 12:45 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> Le 2012-01-22 à 21:16:00, Miller Puckette a écrit :
>
>> There's not much way around this.  One possibility (if indeed this is a serious efficiency issue) would be for Pd to append a "done" message to each batch up tcl to up-send.
>
> That's called a newline... not preceded by a backslash. The thing with fconfigure -buffering line is that it doesn't care about backslashes, whereas eval does, and if you use both together, you need to account for that difference.

Switching to "fconfigure -buffering line" from "fconfigure -buffering none" did not change the size of chunks that were being executed.  They were definitely larger than a single line, really many lines.

As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously.         - Benjamin Franklin