[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3578746 ] Seriously! A non-2^n-BS bug!

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 20 19:47:01 CEST 2012

Bugs item #3578746, was opened at 2012-10-20 10:47
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3578746&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm really not a 'spammer'! ...nor a hypochondriac...
I've tested several versions of pd (0.42.5 - 0.43.3 (ext/van)). None of them is working with non-2^n-BSes!

(Thanks Claude) But I can't confirm that. I've tried the patch he posted there, - without success: The blocksize is always rounded to the next bigger power of 2, it seems!
I don't know what he's on, but I'm on windows. Maybe that makes the difference..
(Is this a hardware- or Os-dependent feature..??)

Please take a look at the attached pd-patch. It's my attempt to work out the problem..
If someone could give me a resonable answer, I promise I'll never come back again ;) ...for this issue...

PS: It feels a little annoying if one does not get a real response or not a response at all! (Eg. look at the feature requests. The last one on the 1st page is like 2 years old, so you can't say there are too many to respond to each one..).
This especially is true if the response is longer than the acual answer like "Yes", "No" or "I don't know". That would have been a big help for me already. Although it's not making the bug disappear automatically...
Anything like if it is a useful/good idea is something I'd like to know, when posting something, for exapmle..
But no, I won't be scared away so easily..