[PD-dev] Pd Makefile for Mac

Antoine Villeret antoine.villeret at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 17:03:00 CEST 2014

Hi Ricky,

There is a makefile template in the pd's external repository [1].
There is also some tutorial on puredata.info that explains the libdir
format [2] and the library template [3].
They are good starting points.

Concerning the Makefile system I wrote for Cream library, it is based on
the pix_opencv building system, which based on Gem's one.
All three are using are using autotools to generate Makefile.
It allows to check for library and configure according to what is available
on building machine.
To start with autotool, you need at least the autogen.sh script (which you
don't need to modify), a configure.ac file and one or more Makefile.am.
To build, you have to first run ./autogen.sh to generate a configure script.
Then run this script to produce Makefile and finally run make.
They are plenty of tutorials on autotool over internet.

+

[1] : http://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/externals/template/
[2] : http://puredata.info/docs/developer/Libdir
[3] : http://puredata.info/docs/developer/LibraryTemplate