[PD-dev] first impression about deken

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sun Jun 21 14:12:23 CEST 2015

On 21/06/15 18:37, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> When I download a package that wants to extract to a folder that already
> exists, the plugin hangs and with it whole Pd.

Thanks! Have filed this bug here:

https://github.com/pure-data/deken/issues/44

> When searching for zexy, I get listed all available architectures. As a
> not so tech-savvy user I have difficulties picking the correct one.
> Since deken knows my arch, wouldn't it be possible to show only my arch
> (or high-light the one that is 'good' for me)?

This is exactly what it should be doing already. Can you post a bug
report with a screen shot if it's not doing that? Maybe there is an
architecture mis-match bug.

> In my imagined best case scenario, deken would index (could be manually
> created by the developer/uploader) objects that come with a certain
> library and users could search by object names and find matching
> packages.

Great idea. Joe Deken had a similar idea for the ability to right-click
on an "object missing" dashed box to automatically search for it.

Patches welcome! :)

Or also, file your feature request at the bug tracker.

> Probably I'm asking stuff that is already in the pipeline anyway. Is
> this the right place to follow its development?

Probably the best way right now is to click "watch" here:
https://github.com/pure-data/deken

Cheers,

Chris.

--