[PD-dev] Compiling externals for Windows

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 21 18:46:16 CEST 2015

I compile externs both in mingw and in Microsoft Visual C running under
wine (so both from linux).  I keep a Windows XP machine around and crank it
up to test things when I put out Pd releases, but all eh compiling happens
in linux, and the first round of testing is under wine, which allows me to
catch most problems without having to turn on Windows.  (BTW my Windows
machine is behind a firewall and has no name server configured in an
attempt to keep whatever malware it's running from damaging anything.
I recommend never putting a Windows machine where it can access the internet.)

cheers
Miller