[PD-dev] trying to compile Pd on OS X (10.11)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri May 5 22:15:19 CEST 2017

On Fre, 2017-05-05 at 09:35 -0400, cjniven wrote:
> What version of jack did you end up installing? I’m having the same
> problem myself on OS X 10.12.

Pd works fine with jack now after I installed the JackOSX package from
IOhannes' second link. The package apparently installs (along a lot of
other stuff) something called Jackmp.framework, which is what Pd is
looking for. Also, it installs a jackd binary to /usr/local/bin.
Interestingly, once the framework is installed, I can replace the jackd
binary by the one provided by homebrew or by a self-compiled one from
the jack2 [1] repository and Pd (and other software) seem still to work
fine.

Since it doesn't seem to be a technical necessity, I believe it would
be good if Pd would also connect to a jackd that comes without
Jackmp.framework, as Dan suggested.

Roman

[1] https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2