[PD-dev] removing pd/bin/msvr*.dll from Pd/win

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 23 00:46:07 CET 2019

On 1/23/19 12:42 AM, Miller Puckette wrote:
> I bet most externs use one or another thing from msvcr*dll.  String
> functions, malloc, etc...

i guess we should wait for lucas to finish his tests.

> Here's an idea, what if I stuck  msvcr*dll in a separate directory and
> called SetDllDirectory another time in s_loader.c to allow externs to find it
> if they need it?

hmm, but SetDllDirectory() only allows us to specify a single additional
directory (calling it multiple times will just change this single
directory). and we already need it for specifying the plugin-path, so
the external can ship its own dependencies - beyond msvcrt.dll

fgmdars
IOhannes